Thursday, November 4, 2010

Your Vote Does (Not Actually) Matter To Us

Y'know, I've never been on board with this "absentee voting" bull. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't be bothered to go to the voting facility, you probably don't care enough to be involved in the political process (or you may be involved, one way or another, in extensive vote fraud, which is something that absentee voting helps right along). The only reason you should be permitted to use absentee ballots is because it would literally be physically impossible for you to use the voting facilities in your district (e.g. you were overseas at the time).

Making this even worse are the postcards sent to me (and also my sister) telling me how easy and convenient it would be to get an absentee ballot. When I say postcards, I mean I got two. On the same day.

Which, it just so happens, was today.

Good thing I don't truck with absentee ballots, because if I had waited for my opportunity (at least through this group here), I might not have been ready until the next major election.

Makes me feel like they don't want me to vote. All things considered, they probably don't.

-Signing off.

No comments: