Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Space Crazy Comics: Cerebex (Part the First)

In which we see poorest mad scientist survival instincts ever. And that's saying something.

"Cerebex" is a story from Planet Comics #73, which can be found on Golden Age Comics or (I believe) the Flashback Universe blog. (Look 'em up yourself, I'm in a hurry here.)

This amusing story starts with a large splash panel, a portion of which I stuck in yesterday's post. It continues with a couple more, each of which see a bit of crowding from the splash page, including a rather funny intruding robot thing.

Anyway, we learn that there's some kind of vaguely ominous job of computer design going on.

It takes a swift (and somewhat random) turn for the sinister:

Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it?

Within a few panels, we learn that the woman is right-Hitler Schmackenburg is still alive, and the Nazi follower guy is modeling the brain after him.

But he's still copying the madman's brain, even though he's bumping him off. Does that seem... incredibly stupid to you? Because it does to me.

Let's see if I'm right.

First, it kills some guy I don't give a darn about. Then:

Duh, you nincompoop. You expect a mental copy of a megalomaniac to conquer the world for you, and not care that you bumped off the original?

There's plenty more, but as I've noted, I have limited time, so I'll leave you with that for now. I may not get to it again this week (I do have other material, it's just that that would take a lot more time-stupid yardwork), but rest assured, I'll cover it soon.

It's my solemn duty to talk about a robot Hitler brain trying to conquer the world, you know.

-Signing off.

No comments: