Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blogging About Blogging...

...but not really in depth, I promise.

Feeling a bit on the reflective side, I suppose.

I find that, when all else fails, simply accurately reporting something one encounters (with minor humorous embellishments) is actually very fun and entertaining. On the other hand, there's always the risk that one will misidentify things. (For instance, I misidentified Superman pulling a pin out of a dude's face as using a knife [bullet point number 13, natch]. This is the first time I've retracted this statement, ironically.)

Tags/labels are easy to misuse. I'm pretty sure I'm not using them perfectly correctly; with 213 labels and 250-odd posts, that's rather disproportionate. (Of course, most of them are one-off tags only associated with one post at the moment; probably that's more the fault of my poor memory and short attention span than indiscrete blogging.)

Also, while my readership has clearly increased over time, it tends to be in bits and chunks. (I now have one follower! OMG!) This is clearly the fault of my total lack of focus; my mind travels to different subjects over time, and this blog is more for my benefit (keeping track of what I'm doing, and helping me share that with a few people I know) than it really is for anyone else.

Um, that's it, really.

-Signing off.

3 comments:

2MaK said...

Well I guess that one follower must be me. I do enjoy your posts, though!

Invid said...

Yup.

I wonder occasionally if my self-depreciating humorous comments go too far. (The tone I read that comment [I have one follower! Yay!] to myself in is really sarcastic.)

2MaK said...

Hah! No, I eat sarcasm for breakfast (with a side of sausage links)...