Monday, March 28, 2016

You Won a Few Points Back, Voltron

So I've been unable to develop any interest in the most recent Voltron series, just because it doesn't look like my proverbial cup of tea.

Then I see this trailer for an upcoming and apparently mostly or entirely unrelated Voltron series:



Hot dang, I want to see that (which is unfortunate, because it's a Netflix thing and I don't have Netflix). It almost makes me forgive Voltron for draining resources that would have gone to producing more GaoGaiGar dub*.

Almost.

*I should note that the animation style of the transformation sequence is very reminiscent of the seminal Sunrise super robot anime, which would have drawn a comparison even if there hadn't been that previous link between the two series.

-Signing off.

No comments: