Monday, December 17, 2012

Here, Have J.R.R. Tolkien Reading Elvish Poetry

I've been reading a trilogy over the past few days, and hope to review it soon, but I can't until my sister finishes it too (the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, if you're wondering-previous works of his I'd read are The Way of Kings, Warbreaker, and the Mistborn side-novel Alloy of Law... and Towers of Midnight, if you count that).

So here's this audio of Tolkien himself reading in, erm, I can't remember the actual "elvish" language name for it. (Sindarin or something.)



It always reminds me of Arabic, for some reason.

(That's a completely neutral evaluation, by the way. I don't attach value to how any language sounds unless it actively hurts my ears, which can be sensitive.

For some reason, some Mandarin bothers me. I don't know why.)

-Signing off.

No comments: