Monday, July 21, 2008

Two Things Related to Comic Books

(If you somehow end up here, I apologize that the images are apparently gone. I've always had problems with Blogger and image posting.)

I skipped my little Sunday feature because I've been feelin' lazy.

Anyway, first, with respect to my last post, blogger Mike Sterling was polite enough to point out in the comment just where he had mentioned Lex Luthor's messed up history. The post has been edited to reflect that.

Second, as previously promised, BEHOLD!

Crazy!

Old!

Ads!

(I apologize if you can't see full-view images-I don't know what's going on with that.)

Note the first of these. It brings attention to Eagle Eye (excuse me, Eagle-Eye) Joe's toy gimmick... while implying that regular humans can't move their eyes. Also note that mere moments after remarking in his head that "the Intruder is the strongest creature I've ever seen" (seen, get it? He's Eagle-Eye Joe! Ha ha ha ow), he beats the living carp out of him. Also, how could it be that "nothing can stand in [the Intruder's] way" if some guy in ugly camo can lay him low?

The real gem, though, is number two here. First, note that Mike Power, Atomic Man(R), is wearing another of those really ugly camo shirts with very short black shorts. Then, another guy in even shorter shorts shows up, and slams through a mountain WITH HIS BARE HANDS!! And seriously speaking, who would ever compare a flood to a "giant bathtub?"

That is pretty far from being the best part, though. The best part is how this guy introduces himself:

That's why I'm known as Bulletman, the Human Bullet!

This guy must be a blast at parties. I mean, just imagine:

Guy: Who are you? I don't think we've met.

Bulletman, the Human Bullet: I'm Bulletman, the Human Bullet!

Guy: Oh, really. I'm Steve. It's nice to meet you, Bulletman.

Bulletman, the Human Bullet: It's Bulletman, the Human Bullet.

Guy: ? Sure, Bulletman. I caught that-

Bulletman, the Human Bullet: ARE YOU TO BE SURE YOU WANT FOR TO PROVOKE A MAN WHO CAN BE PUNCHING OUT A MOUNTAIN?!!

Guy: AAAAH! (runs away to avoid decapitation)

Ah, good times.

Notice that this particular comic also has an awful lot of prosthetic limbs.

No comments: