Friday, August 2, 2013

Friend to All Children (and Giant Tusked Rocket Turtle), Gamera

I haven't really watched any Gamera movies, but suddenly, I want to very badly.

Because I watched this trailer, that's why.



I'm not completely certain, but I suspect that a daikaiju film with the villain using a bootlegged Star Destroyer would be the best thing ever, even if it's essentially a clip show (which this is, based on its entry on the Gamera wiki-a clip show intended to keep its parent company, Daiei, out of bankruptcy... and which kinda failed to do that, hence the fifteen years before another Gamera film was made).

If for no other reason, then because usually the alien villains in daikaiju films always have silly little flying saucer things, and an actually imposing spaceship is a nice switch.

-Signing off.

No comments: